With 64 channels per Bridge (@ 48kHz) and up to 512 channels per 1GB network link, Dante is fully scalable and capable of providing routing channel counts from tens to thousands and beyond using standard IT infrastructure. Redundant PSU, MADI ports and IP Network ports mean the Bridge is built for uninterrupted operation, keeping critical devices and audio paths functioning throughout the broadcast facility. In addition to the inbuilt clock redundancy options in Dante controller, the MADI-Bridge also includes a pair of redundant sync inputs for use as a self-redundant Dante Grand master clock. 32bit MADI control tunnelling allows a pair of MADI-Bridges to be used to pass audio and user bits of a whole MADI stream across a network. Remote locating existing MADI Mics or increasing cost efficiency of an existing fibre cable beyond a single MADI stream is now a simple task. The Bridge also features Bidirectional sample rate conversion between any asynchronous sample rates, from 44.1kHz to 192kHz. Intended for use with Dante controller and third party Dante products, the MADI-Bridge shows commitment to interoperability while understanding Broadcasters critical needs.
The SSL MADI-Bridge features a front panel headphone socket (with rotary level control) and inbuilt headphone monitor routing, to truly replace traditional patch bay confidence routing and fault finding functionality with equivalents in the IP Audio domain. Simple font panel controls facilitate routing mono or stereo paths from MADI In, MADI Out, Dante In or Dante Out directly to the headphones. A front panel LCD screen provides signal present metering selectable to show four points in the signal chain: MADI In, MADI Out, Dante In and Dante Out. GPIO connections allow for transfer of tally info and switching functions across the network with the Audio.
- Interface between MADI and IP Audio Networks using Dante
- Redundant: PSU, MADI ports, Dante Ports, Sync In – Full Broadcast Spec Redundancy
- Bidirectional sample rate conversion between any asynchronous sample rates, from 44.1kHz to 192kHz.
- 32bit MADI control tunnelling
- GPIO connectivity – embed tallies across the network
- Redundant Network extension ports – Local IO at bridge without a switch
- Word Clock out – Clock a MADI device to the Dante Network
- Virtual Headphone Patch- 4 location Monitoring and Signal Present Metering to truly replace your patch bay with a digital network while retaining confidence and fault finding tools
- Lockout Mode – Prevent accidental alteration of front panel settings